The Antenna Trainer EA-818 is a comprehensive education system designed for teaching, demonstrating and practicing all types of antenna measurements.
The transmission trainer covers UHF, L, S and ISM bands. It includes a software-controlled PLL synthesized Source and Receiver operating up to 4 GHz with a high dynamic range of power transmission. A graphic LCD display with a numeric keypad is used for acquisition and navigation during the experiments.
Practices included in the training system:
- Field strength variation measurement / inverse square law
- Antenna reciprocity theorem
- Radiation diagram of wire antennas
- Radiation diagram of horn antennas
- Radiation diagram of reflector antennas
- Radiation diagram of antennas – networks
- Radiation diagram of planar antennas (microstrip)
- Measurement of co-polarization, cross-polarization
- Measurement of circularly polarized antennas
- Measurement of front-to-back ratio (F/B) of Yagi antenna
- Measurement of 3 dB beam width of horn antenna
- Measurement of the level of the side lobes
- Comparative study of different types of antennas and their radiation pattern