PROMAX signal coverage analysis: A more affordable and effective way for drive testing
PROMAX TV and spectrum analyzers can perform drive test analysis, generate Excel reports, and display measurements on a 3D map. All the benefits of other systems at a fraction of the cost, with greater flexibilityMORE INFORMATION ON ATLAS NG ›
- Signal coverage of digital terrestrial television (DTT) transmitters.
- Also available for analog television.
- Drive test for analog FM radio stations and DAB/DAB+ digital radio.
- Comprehensive and intuitive measurement representation in Google Earth.
- All measurements can be exported to Microsoft Excel or CSV formats.
Cost-effective: No need to purchase additional equipment
ATLAS NG TV and spectrum analyzers from PROMAX are a valuable asset for institutions, consulting firms, and authorities because they are versatile and can be used in any scenario
- They can be used to locate and monitor faults in transmission and reception facilities because they are TV and Spectrum analyzers equipped with multiple technologies and in addition to the RF input, they have multiple inputs: ASI input, ASI output, IPTV, 1 PPS and optical fibre.
- They can be used to do drive test just by connecting a compatible GPS.
- Then can be used to do walk test because they are portable equipment.
... This means that a single tool can provide service to all areas of organizations responsible for radio spectrum management. From the studio to the user outlet, covering all the steps of the delivery pipeline. Cost savings are guaranteed.DO YOU NEED A CUSTOM SOLUTION? ›
How is it done?
Drive testing using PROMAX field strength meters
To perform a coverage analysis, simply connect the antenna to the ATLAS NG meter and a compatible GPS to its USB port. The device can power the antenna by RF and still operate for several hours on a fully charged battery. It can also be powered from a vehicle battery to extend its range.
Later, the measurements can be displayed on a 3D map in Google Earth or exported to Microsoft Excel for further processing with any compatible office suite. The measurements can also be exported in raw format (CSV) for processing with any analysis application.
What can be done with PROMAX drive test analysis?
Coverage analysis map. Clicking on a measurement point shows all its measurements in detail.
- Display the measurement data on Google Earth.
- Analyze a single channel or a full channel table.
- Overlay a legend including data relative to the measurement equipment.
- Use a color scale to depict the mesurements quality or show tem in PASS/FAIL mode.
- Choose the test points drawing style.
- To overlay a quality graph on the map itself.
- Generate routes based on the original drive test path.
- Review all the measurements in each test point.
- Export data to Microsoft Excel, either summarized or in detail, with the option to create a chart.
- Export raw data to CSV for use in any application.
Test PROMAX's free coverage map generator
KML Generator is PROMAX's free software for creating coverage maps from measurements taken with PROMAX field strength meters from the HD RANGER, RANGER Neo, and ATLAS NG series.
You can now download a file containing a real drive test to evaluate all of the application's features.
DOWNLOAD OUR DEMO OF A REAL DRIVE TEST FILE
LOAD IT INTO KML GENERATOR AND TRY ALL ITS OPTIONS. ENJOY!
PROMAX is a leading manufacturer of test and measurement systems, broadcast and TV signal distribution equipment. Our product lines include measuring instruments for cable TV, satellite TV, broadcast, wireless and fibre optics networks, FTTH and GPON analyzers. DVB-T modulators, IP streamers or IP converters (ASI, DVB-T) are among the company’s latest developments.