Testing DVB-T & DVB-H
In addition to the more common test modes such as:
- Internally generated test TS
- Carrier blanking
- Single carrier generation
The digital DVB-T modulator MO-170 includes other novel features:
- Addition of white Gaussian noise with selectable C/N
- Controlled insertion of errored bits to emulate a given BER before or after the Viterbi decoder
- Simulation of fixed and mobile multipath channels with up to 6 taps of variable amplitude, delay, phase and Doppler frequency.
- DVB-H is also possible as an option.
Multipath interference outside the guard interval in digital terrestrial broadcasting
These and other features present in the MO-170 simplify the set-up of complex test systems and allows measurements over real conditions without having to spend a fortune.